Friday, November 4, 2011

Julie & Julia - what's for dinner?

I spoke to a friend over Skype last night and our conversation ventured down a path about food. She suggested I watch Julie & Julia starring Amy Adams and Meryl Streep. The movie was based on TWO true stories. There were three takeaways from that movie; (1) if you hate your job, look for something you love and quitting your job a goal (2) accomplishing something requires perseverance and commitment and (3) Jackson needs to learn how to cook better!

I watched the movie in my room, on my computer, with a bowl of Ramen with egg and lettuce. Afterwards I had a Romanian salad a potato I baked. It was sad I know...

The famous dish in the movie was Boeuf Bourguignon. It was cooked maybe 3-4 times in the movie and everytime it looked amazingly delicious! I'll be ordering Julia Child's cook book just for that recipe... now it's a matter of figuring out which volume that recipe is in :p

Back to the cooking I did tonight (not much cooking really...)...

The potato turned out very good!
  • One potato
  • 80 minutes
  • 350 degrees
The Romanian salad I kept simple:
  • Romanian lettuce
  • Dice tomatoes
  • Carrots
  • Balsamic dressing

Another friend suggested I try making Double baked potato, and that I only got part marks for making a regular potato... ok... next project! haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment