Thursday, January 12, 2012

Vancouver, Chronic Sinusitis, Cleaner Air!

Vacation booked! I will be travelling to Vancouver from April 6-18, spending a full week and 2 days with Kristy, then sticking around for another 2.5 days to work out of the Vancouver CP Office, yay! I hope to complete a number of my bucket list items for 2012 during this trip, hope all goes as planned.

My ticket came out to less than $500, roundtrip, after taxes and fees. WHAT!? Yeah, you read correctly. Somehow Kristy has a 6th sense to detect these deals that no others would know about unless talking to her. Hmmm... some sort of super power, what are you hiding from me!?

Here's proof:


One thing you don't know about me is that, for the longest time, probably about a year now... I've been reliant on my mouth to do most of the breathing (not my nose). Over the past couple of days, I realized that things have gotten worst and that it may be best to consult with a doctor to see what was up. I'm also experiencing a bit of hearing problems as well...

So yesterday I went to the doctors, dropped in at the Appletree across from my work. I have a friend who manages that location and she got me to skip the line and right into the room. Thank you friend, you know who you are! :) But the blunt truth was not so exciting to hear. I was diagnosed with Chronic Sinusitis, which is essentially an inflammation in the nasal area.

Reading up on it, it appears to be a common condition people experience (thank god!). About 24 million people in the US go through this. The cause is mainly due to dust, pollen and those sorts of things.

It all came together when the doctor told me this, as I was seeing symptoms such as headaches, fatigue, and reduced hearing abilities. Now lets hope when this goes away, that my 2 most important senses will lighten up and allow me to taste and hear better!


The doctor prescribed this dildo looking puffer. The puffer is actually covered with a case right now.

Today I popped over to Home Depot to look for an air purifier. I believe one of the reasons why I've developed this sinus condition is due to the 'dirty air' that's circulating my room (beware... BEWARE!!!). I hope this solves the problem.

I decided to go to Home Depot to buy it because no where was there a sale on air purifiers. Hm, that's not the only reason, they also had this awesome guide that taught me concisely how to buy the right air purifier for myself. I would advise reading it before going to buy. The product I bought was the Honeywell Tower Purifier with Permanent Filter. And here it is :)

Thanks for reading, until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment