Thursday, October 20, 2011

Me, the ant exterminator, just this one time!

There is something up with the air, or maybe it's the weather. I've been hearing from many people that they are getting headaches and migraines in the middle of the day... not me... I just can't sleep at night and I have trouble waking up in the morning!

A few days ago, I discovered an ant problem in my unit (yeah... 26 floors up and I've got this issue, wonder how long it took for them to get here). This was noticed a day after my tenant left an open can of Chunky's on the counter top in the kitchen. A clan of ants were crawling around on the counter, around the can, and along the wall, eeekkk! I didn't know what to do except to grab a paper towel, wet it, and tried to kill them all! They were baby ants, so you know what that means... the queen is around!

I know what I had to do, find the queen, kill her, and kill the entire colony! I couldn't find them...

After I disposed of the cans, I didn't see any more ants, until the next day... my tenant (again) left a Subway sandwich on the counter, and waited until the next morning to eat it. Well... to his surprise... the next morning he found hundreds of ants swarming the sub (image that... gross... I didn't see it). He threw his sub away and I offered him breakfast (a bagel :)).

The following day, my co worker was kind enough to lend me his Ants-B-Gon, a substance that serves as ant bait, whereby the ants would bring the bait back to the colony, and eventually killing all the ants. One day later, I didn't see a single ant on the counter :).

I hope it stays this way... but to be safe I should go out and buy an ant trap...

Hope this never happens to you... it's not a pretty site... but call me the ant exterminator... not a long term career... just for this one time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment