Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend photos

This past weekend I decided to venture around downtown Ottawa with my heavy duty cam. I started in the OU campus where I saw a bunch of students playing, what it seemed to be, Quidditch. It was quite amusing... they were running around with a ball with a pole in between their legs. Each player took their turns and tried to steal the ball out of the other's hands (quite aggressively). You would think the girls might feel violated when she goes up against the guy, but I guess not, the game carried on. At that moment, I wished I had the 70-200mm f2.8... because that scene would have been perfect... mmm... someday...

On to the the photo taking now... walked around and in the OU campus area, I did find a spot with a bunch of leaves that had fallen from the trees. Here are some of my favourites after rendering them through Lightroom (why didn't I learn this program earlier!?):



Normally I render my photos in iPhoto and Photoshop CS5, but this past weekend I installed Lightroom 3 onto my desktop (Windows) computer, and so I decided I take a journey down its road. After a couple hours playing with the settings, it's quite intuitive. I'm happy that Lightroom opens NEF files (Nikon's RAW file types). I did all my editing in Lightroom and the both photos are ones that I rendered with a preset filter + some additional adjustments. And yes, I've started taking photos in RAW now, probably best if I'm going to take photography seriously now... well... still learning :)

Let me know what your thoughts are on the above photos :) thanks!

Oh! And check out this cool Throwable Panoramic Ball Camera - now know what I want for Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment